Wednesday 5 June 2013

June!

Dylusions Ink Sprays: Funky Fuscia, Lemon Zest
Stamps: Grass, Big Bee, Journey Collage by Stampotique Originals 

Wow! I'm ready for June and we're still in the first week of June! It's something of a miracle ;-) The children have been at home for the school hols and it slows me down a bit to say the least ..... !

I had a lot of fun with this background, and I discovered that I LOVE the combination of Funky Fusica and Lemon Zest ink sprays - they combine to make the most gorgeous orange colour in places. The weather has been sunny here in the UK for once. In fact we have had more sunshine in the last week than we had for the whole of last summer, so my pages for this month ended up looking HOT and summery! I added a few Stampotique bees too, just to show that summer has really arrived!


Don't forget if you would like to share your calendar pages you can link to your blog here, or visit the flickr group here, or the facebook group here.

Byee for now. The kids are at school, so I'm off to make art :-))


13 comments:

  1. Brilliant page, Kate!! The bees make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, love your calendar for June. Love those funky Dylusions, and love the bumblebees! I just entered mine too, did some collaging for the first time and love how it turned out. Will have to do that again. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo gorgeous colour combo.....enjoy that arty time xx spk soon

    kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful sunny, happy page Kate, brilliant work as always.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colors! So pretty. Those bees are almost too real looking but they blend in perfectly and the whole works just screams summer in the most lovely way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colours! So bright and cheerful and the bees seem right at home on this page. Enjoy your arty day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh juicy colours for june! hehe :) I really need to get some number stamps- i like how your dates look <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic June calendar! I love those two sprays together too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab page Kate. I'm hoping you can tell me what type of machine you used to bind your junk journal? I think some kind of binding instrutment will be my next purchase and I'm running a little informal survey. Your help would be much appreciated Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I used my trusty old bind-it-all machine :-)

      Delete
  10. I'm particulary in love with the bold numbers on your page.
    What's the secret of those numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The numbers are from the new (ish) set by Tim Holtz - they're on the slim alphabet set :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!